A couple of thoughts here and there.

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Back in the habit

In an effort to ease the pain of an ending relationship, I have begun to read more.  C.S. Lewis has always been a source of comfort, and I have picked up his books and began to reread them.  I have come to realize that in addition to reading, I need to begin to habitually write as well.  I feel that, in addition to having my head spun by new experiences in the past year, I stopped writing because I was expecting to record something I could be proud to show to everyone that read it.  I was missing the point.  

Writing solidifies what I am feeling and what I believe.  It is a reminder of who I am and helps me to be independent.  I will begin to write again, not to impress whoever may once again come across this blog, but to make an effort to move on to another stage in my life, or perhaps, to return to a more comfortable and happier one.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home